[TowerTalk] TH-6 to TH-3

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-6 to TH-3
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:34:39 -0400
If it's anything like Adak, it would be the ultimate test!  I visited Adak
once, in the summer, and besides the 55 degree temperature and 55 mph wind,
the rain was approximately horizontal.  I can only imagine what it would be
like during a winter storm.  The housing on Adak actually had sheet-metal
labyrinth traps on the windows so that they could be opened for ventilation
without having the weather come in!

Wouldn't a trapless antenna would have the best chance of survival, all
other factors being equal, because the larger cross-section of traps would
tend to create localized force concentrations and cause element failures?

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia