[TowerTalk] rotorproblem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rotorproblem
From: Carl-Heinz.Ikaheimo@oh6xy.pp.fi (Carl-Heinz Ikaheimo)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:53:44 +0300
HELLO THERE !

I have a problem with my EMOTATOR rotor.
This is the strong model (1300MSAX, I think).
Unfortunatelly I cant find any name of its model.. anyway this is the model
with ANTENNA DIRECTION knob. That mean you turn potentiometer were you want
to turn your antenna and then push button START and the rotor start to
turn.  This model doesnt have that SPEED control which have the next
smaller version.

My rotor was working many many years but now suddenly it stopped to the
South and just can go some 15 deg to the West and then is stopped.  Now its
looking to the 200 deg and if i just turn power ON it will go to the south
180deg, without touching to any command buttons.

I already found from the Hygain homepages one adress ( edco@vni.net ). They
answer once to me with the price of the manual, but no more answer when
asking how to send my money from Finland.  It's hard to say is the problem
with rotor or with controlunit in my shack!

The problem is that I cant found any manual from Finland.  Also the contest
season is just behind my door !

Anykind of helph is more than needed.

Best regards   CARL   OH6XY, T9/OH6XY 9A/OH6XY, PJ9Y  etc