[TowerTalk] HamSticks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HamSticks
From: wa3gin@erols.com (David Jordan)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 14:35:53 -0400
Lane,

I have built 20-40-80 meter dipoles and beams with subject mobile
antennas.

They load nicely with hair-pin matching. The bandwidth is great on
twenty, impressive on
40meters, what you'd expect on 75meters and on 160...don't even go
there!

I've used the 2 element beam configuration for field day for forty and
it works like a beam.
Couldn't tell you more than that except it's a pretty inexpensive way to
get a 40 meter beam with low wind load, low payload, low price and quick
to build and tune. Just don't expect it to be exactly like a full size
beam and you'll be satisfied with the results.

73s,
dave
Was wondering if any of you have experience with these little gems.
Supposedly rated at 600 watts, around 7 feet long, and built very well.
I am
considering putting up a few on the roof to see how they work as
temporary/portable verticals. I already have the ground plane laid down
on
the roof for my full suze 40 meter 1/4 wave vertical that is up there
now. I
was thinking about doing A/B checks using the same ground screen for
both
antennas and using a remote switch to select the antennas for
comparison.

Was wondering if there has been any research done concerning the
efficiency
of these various brands of mobile antennas.

Lane
KM3G
San Diego