[TowerTalk] Multiple Antennas on One Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiple Antennas on One Tower
From: w1te@contesting.com (Charley Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 07:30:35 -0400
Hello ..

I am planning an installation of a Force 12 C4XL and a Force 12 EF706 6
meter antenna on a 70 foot Rohn 45G tower. I will be using a 3/8 wall 2"

steel mast which is 24 feet long. At the present location I have
separate towers for HF and VHF. At a new location I am planning on only
a single 45G tower this year. My questions are:

1 - How much mast should I allow to extend from the top of the tower ?

2 - How much spacing should I allow between the antennas ?

3 - Which antenna should be on the top?

My main goal is good performance on HF and 6 Meters. I have equipment
for VHF/UHF and would like something on the tower for these bands but do

not want to compromise the HF performance. If I add long boom antennas
in between the C4XL and the EF706 for 144, 222 and 432 do I have a major

risk of destroying HF performance?

Thanks,
Charley W1TE