[TowerTalk] Butternut HV6

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Butternut HV6
From: basalop@gte.net (Jim Berry)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:42:00 -0700
I just today took my old Butternut apart.  I picked it up maybe 5 years ago
used.  Checked the measurements out and installed it.  It worked fine.  I
recently moved and before I put it back to work I decided to take it all
apart and check it out.  Similar story.  I used a Scotch Guard pad and lots
of anti-oxident compound and cleaned the whole thing up.  I did find a
package of that copper colored grease stuff stuffed inside the antenna.  Not
sure if the antenna actually came with the stuff or not.  There is no
mention of any kind of assembly grease to be used as far as the instructions
go.  Either way, the package was still sealed, and the original owner had
never used the stuff.  When I first got the antenna, I did squirt some good
old 3 and 1 oil into all the places that you would normally grease up.  This
probably helped any further deterioration.  Darn good antenna if you are
into the all band verticals.  Thing will out perform all the rest of them
even in bad shape.

73 Jim K7SLI