[TowerTalk] Can anyone recommend another tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Can anyone recommend another tower?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 16:37:52 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-05 16:15:39 EDT, jccrtv@jccrtv.com writes:

> I wanted to order a US Tower 70ft crankup, but I've been told the
>  wait is over 14 weeks because US Tower's cellular tower business is
booming.
>  I just don't want to wait that long and was wondering what the alternatives
>  might be. Who else makes a 60 to 70 ft crankup of good quality, and can
>  recommend them? (I have to get a crankup(60-70') or a low freestanding
>  (55')as the winds can be amazing out here at the eastern tip of Long
>  Island.)

      Amazing is a good word. Suffolk county is an 85 MPH windspeed zone plus
you're within 100 miles of hurricane oceanline. Guess what the windspeed
rating of your aforementioned crank-up is? If you said 60 MPH, you're right.

     A very practical alternative that is both MUCH cheaper $$ and is rated
for a 72-footer at 22 sq.ft. @ 85 MPH. It's the Trylon Titan self-supporting
tower. Go to the Champion Radio Products web site at
http://www.championradio.com for more info.

    I think the T-500-72 is cheaper than the FREIGHT cost for the crank-up
from California to Long Island.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products