[TowerTalk] Guy Wire lengths

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire lengths
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:43:42 -0500
Bob- I am in the process of installing a much smaller tower than the one
you are, but I, too am faced with having unequal levels for the end-points.
My approach was to locate the ones that were nearly level with the base,
and calculate the location of the off-level (in my case- it was higher)
anchor to have the same angle between the guy and the tower. This way, the
attachment point cannot "tell the difference".

I realize this may not be possible, in your case.

Bill

At 03:21 PM 9/14/98 -0700, you wrote:

>For the large tower (130') I am going to have the guy anchors roughly
>95-100' away from the tower base on two "legs".  On the third leg,
>however, I don't want the guy anchor in the middle of my lawn.  In order
>to reach the "edge" of the lawn, the anchor will need to be about 150'
>from the tower base and about 7' below the tower base.
>
>Does this create a safety problem to have two anchors 100' away and the
>third one about 150' away?  My understanding is that it should be ok as
>long as I tension the lowest leg first (the 150').
>
>I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.
>
>Tnx & 73
>
>Bob KQ2M

Bill Aycock   W4BSG
Jackson County, AL