[TowerTalk] HF Yagi Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF Yagi Antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:25:04 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-16 01:10:02 EDT, k7jb@uswest.net writes:

> I presently have a single mono band 20 meter Long John yagi by Hy Gain.
>  However, I am hesitating on placing it at the top of my tower because I
>  will only end up with a single band beam.
>
>  I would like to know if anyone has first hand experience on various
>  manufacturers 3 band yagi antennas.  10, 15 and 20 meters would be
>  satisfactory and 12 and 17 a plus.  I have looked over the specs on Hy
>  Gain's DX-7 and DX-11.  Also, Cushcraft V7 and X9.  Please let me know
>  about your preferences and on the air practical experience with any of
>  these.  In addition, if you have another preferences. please comment on
>  that as well.

      In addition to interesting and valuable anecdotal experiences from
TowerTalkians, the ONLY on-the-air test, evaluationa and comparison of triband
yagis is available from Champion Radio Products - it is the 60-page report,
"HF Tribander Performance - Test Methods & Results" by myself and N0AX. It is
recommended reading for anyone considering a new antenna and also anyone
interested in more information about the state of antenna design and
performance. More information at http://www.championradio.com. It's $15 + $3
sh.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products