[TowerTalk] [Fwd: [ARES-RACES] Anti-ham Stance position by LAFD]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [Fwd: [ARES-RACES] Anti-ham Stance position by LAFD]
From: pmcinnish@worldnet.att.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 14:46:32 -0400
--------------87ED2E36A3CDDFDEACC20054

Thought this might be some interesting reading...

--------------87ED2E36A3CDDFDEACC20054

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:31:27 -0700
To: ares-races-digest@qth.net
From: Khalil Ladjevardi <khalil@primenet.com>
Subject: [ARES-RACES] Anti-ham Stance position by LAFD
Sender: owner-ares-races@qth.net

On Sept 16, 1998, at approx 4:30 pm PDT, I returned to my home to find my
amateur radio antennas brutally vandalized and destroyed. Pieces of my
antennas were dangling off of the roof and certain parts were found on  the
sidewalk in front of my condominium building.

After several enquiries, I discovered that the members of my homeowners
association in conjunction with the management company willfully committed
this act. The Vice-President of the my homeowners' association told me "
The Homeowners' group was acting on direct orders of Los Angeles City Fire
Department (LAFD) Capt. Randall Judd, and Fireman Charles R. Palacios (
both are at Fire Station 092) who told them that it was in the public
interest to commit acts of vandalism against amateur radio operators by
destroying their antennas".

I am a member of several volunteer organization engaged in the business of
handling emergency and health and welfare traffic for law-enforcement, fire
departments and the United states military among other groups.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department has now officially gone on record with
the position that amateur radio operators and their antennas are a direct
hazard to public safety.

Is this the end of amateur radio as we know it ?

Should amateur operators stop all community activities because their
services are no longer needed ?

I will let you decide..

73 de
     K6FCC
     NNNOBSB (Navy-Marine Corps MARS)
     (Khalil Ladjevardi)

----
Submissions: ares-races@qth.net

--------------87ED2E36A3CDDFDEACC20054

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul McInnish
n:              McInnish;Paul
org:            Meiji Corp.
adr;dom:        2220 Pirates Cove;;;Lawrenceville (Atlanta);GA;30045-6599;
email;internet: pmcinnish@worldnet.att.net
title:          Manager, SE Region
tel;fax:        770-277-9353
tel;home:       770-237-2364