[TowerTalk] Guying questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying questions
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:30:11 +0100
Well the time is getting closer for the tower install here. My origional
plan of Rohn 55 has gone by the wayside, simply because of cost.
My plan now is to use the Tri-ex T15 tower. It will hold 18.5 sq.ft. at 70
mph at 70 feet, which is a little better than the Rohn 25 which I had
thought about also.
according to the paper work for the tower I need toguy at 2 levels using
3/16EHS cable (Just like the rohn).
I am curious of a couple of things.

First, Where does one buy the 3/16EHS cable? Can you get it at a hardware
store or something like that?

Second, Is there a special type of turnbuckles to use for guying purposes?

Third, What is the preffered method of attachment to the anchor. Clamps or
preformed grips?

Last, I have considered using Phillystran for only part of the guys, is
this acceptable? i.e. use it for the top guys and not the bottom ones.

Thanks
Mike...NO6X