[TowerTalk] Elevated Guys - 2nd Try

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guys - 2nd Try
From: CQ160@earthlink.net (Duane Walker)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:04:10 -0600
Hi Don . . .  I did a similar arrangement awhile back with 148 ft. of
Rohn 25.   I used 8" I.D.  5/16" wall pipe, only because I had the
pipe,  I suppose I-Beam of comparable size is stronger.  I painted each
with a 2 part paint to help prolong the life of them,  then set each in
6.5 ft. of concrete with a rebar cage in each hole (abt. 4 -5 yards per
hole).  I also put a stick of 3/4" rebar in the center of each pipe and
filled it with concrete as well when filling the holes.  The eq. plates
are at 4.5 ft. with 5 set of guys.
I personally would be a  little concerned with anything less than 8"
pipe of at LEAST 1/4" wall.  That's just my own opinion though.
This may give you some ideas to think abt.  It's pretty difficult to
change once it's in.
It may be worth while to wait till you friend gets back and get his
professional thoughts though.

73 Duane , KE7BT