[TowerTalk] K8DX towers back up!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K8DX towers back up!
From: sdetloff@metlife.com (Scott R Detloff)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:53:39 -0400

Thanks to K3GP, W8KEN, N8RF, KB8DST, KB8LWP,
K8OMO, WC8W, W8WEN, AA8NV and Canton Errectors,
both towers are now up to 130' and 160'.

Last Sunday we used a 70' crane that K8OMO own to get
both of the towers to 80'.  We took two 40' picks each so we
could get used to lining up the three legs.   It was a learning
experience that saved us lots of time when the meter was
running on the 161' crane.

On Saturday Canton Errectors had a pick of 50' of R45, and
80' of R55.  It took us about five hours to get everything
tensioned up, and everything ran without any major problems.
It was VERY intresting to be up 160' and see something
moving around you that was attached to the ground!

Really glad that parts over.  Now to try to get the three 15M
Yagi's up before CQWW!  Thanks to all who gave advice on
this project, it saved us lots of time and aggrevation.

73...Scott K8DX