[TowerTalk] XM240

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] XM240
From: sales@advantagecomm.net (Scott Bullock)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:25:18 +0100
I stopped at HRO today in Salem NH and just "happened" to buy a new
Cushcraft XM240. I would like to hear from others that have put these up so
far and see if there are any tricks or time saving measures that can be
applied to this.
Also I would like to put this at the top of the mast, but the antenna has a
Phillystran boom truss, which would require that the antenna be mounted
down 3' from the top of the mast, which would put it about 7' above my TH-7.
Help.....
What's the general consensus-Put it up 7' above the tribander or put it up
at the top of the mast and build an aluminum angle stock lower support for
each side of the boom? Or does it really need the boom truss at all
considering it has a 2.5" od boom already?

This time it looks like we'll be using a 160' crane to do the pick from the
front yard....more expensive but it sure beats redoing the lawn again!
Thanks all,
Scott
KA1CLX