[TowerTalk] TH6DXX VSWR PRIOR TO ERECTING

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6DXX VSWR PRIOR TO ERECTING
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:50:51 -0500

>The manual states do not attempt to tune it for low vswr at
ground level
>which is pretty obvious.
>I have double checked all my measurements but can someone
roughly give
>me an idea what the figures should be on say 20M.
>I would like to know if it is within range
>Obviously it should improve once it is up to 60 ft.

This raises a question in my mind....

Would it be useful to record the SWR readings of the antenna in a
certain position on the ground (say, on sawhorses, pointing at
the back fence, etc.) to use as a reference for when the antenna
is next down on the ground for service?

(side note: I just discovered my A3/40m addon has >4:1 SWR at 20m
and 40m...and my radio #2 is showing some CW keying
problems....darn!  and it's only 4 weeks till SS CW, too!)

73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u