[TowerTalk] XM240 addendum on interaction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] XM240 addendum on interaction
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:50:25 +0100
You can easily model this situation.  These distances are VERY close. And if
your
SWR is affected by adding another antenna, you can bet that your pattern is
distorted to beat the band.  I've done lots of modeling and if you have the SWR
shift you described in your posting, you will not be pleased with your
operation.
SWR distortion like that says that the 4L20 and/or 6M beams are severely
distorting your 40 M pattern  If you don't have the capability to model it,  I'd
remove the 6M beam and measure it again, but I suspect your problem is with the
20M beam.  Model it.

Bill, N3RR