[TowerTalk] Antenna on I5JVA QSL CARD - Giovannini Elettromeccanica

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna on I5JVA QSL CARD - Giovannini Elettromeccanica
From: morel@shani.net (morel)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 08:27:29 +0200
Ralph H Young wrote:

> I have one of the I5JVA QSL Cards (1988 7Mhz SSB) shown on ther first page
> of the Giovannini Elettromeccanica Web site.
>
> Quoting from the card: The antenna is listed as:
>
> Model HF 7540/a Giovannini E. for 2 band 3.8 -  7 MHZ
>
> Claimed specs:
> 3.8MHZ     3el  6.5DB forward gain, 15DB F/S, 10db F/B 24mtr boom length
> 7MHZ        5 el  9.5db forward gain, 40DB F/S , 20db F/B 24 mtr boom length
>
> Full size in 7 end reduced size in 3.8
> Two - gamma match
> Power 1.2KW 3.8 - 4KW 7
> Weight Kg. 370
> Antenna on 30m. high TCA 30/mm Giovannini E. tower system with sliding
> antenna - holder lift (maybe a "Super Hazer"?)
>
> Looking at the picture you can see black traps towards the outside of the
> 1st, 3rd and 5th elements.
>
> The card has a few interesting Italian/English translation anomolies - use
> of the word "end" for "and" and a description of a "rotator with warm-screw
> reduction".  Might get "warm" indeed turning a 3el 80/5el 40 beam.
>
> Ralph
> n4tg@tricon.net

Ralph,

If you take a look on their WEB site ( www.antenna.it ) you'll find much
more
than language anomalies, terms like 1KW PEP continous, for example. You
can see
also a "magnificent" 2 element beam for 1.5-200 MHz exhibiting gain, F/B
and
of course good SWR on all the bands !! No comments.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD