[TowerTalk] Response to R for math

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Response to R for math
From: designserv@ipass.net (LYN)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:48:00 -0400

MAERTZ, A REID wrote:

> Unless I'm totally out to lunch, I don't think David C's response was
> directed toward you or your question, but instead directed at the FIRST
> response to your question. (Check the posting again and the one word
> response).  Heck, I thought it was a good question.

I, too, interpreted it this way, and thought it was a good
question.  In general, I think there are few bad questions but
lots of answers that could have been better considered.

For example, those who insist so strongly on highly detailed
measureable non-anecdotal quantities frequently give highly
anecdotal answers themselves.  I believe there are times
when anecdotal answers are valid in a non-digital world, as
there are times when we need to make allowance for
questions which are asked by the inexperienced.

Lyn, W4WDN