[TowerTalk] HF Yagi Interaction - 40M Element Model?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF Yagi Interaction - 40M Element Model?
From: Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:01:48 -0400
From: n5tj <n5tj@mci2000.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 9:00 PM

> And does anyone have a YO/NEC/etc. model for the Force 12 linear loaded
> 40M elements that I could get? Might give me the answer I'm looking for.

Unfortunately, modeling the linear loaded elements is problematic at this
time. Some are working behind the scenes to get some research to bear on it,
but nothing useful yet that I've heard. One of the advantages of the loading
coil approach you may have seen described here on some other threads is that
it can be reliably modeled.

An awful lot of up and down the tower methinks for the design of the F12 and
M2  LL stuff.

My favorite gotcha model these days is a linear-loaded half-length 40 m
dipole that models 1 dB better gain than a full-sized dipole at 72 feet
(not!). Neither the model resonance, nor gain, nor feedpoint impedance is
accurate.

73, Guy