[TowerTalk] Tramming/Tiller Summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tramming/Tiller Summary
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:04:06 -0400
Steve,

Well sure - a u-bolt arrangement is easy as heck to build..........what I
am talking about it something which has the ease of usage that a Rohn gin
pole's leg mount clamp has - i.e. no BS like having to worry about dropping
nuts and u-bolts, or fishing out the socket/box wrench form your apron!

I suspect this could be fabricated by a small machine shop, two hinged
halves which would open and close against each other thanks to a t-handled
type nut, i.e. no tools needed to unhook the tiller from the boom

Usually it is a single person atop the tower doing the beam placement,
having plenty to keep him occupied!  If freeing the boom from the tiller
trolley could be accomplished sans tools that would save another
pickup/putdown of the tools and hardware u-bolts require.

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij

One  month until Sweepstakes CW, make sure you work me so you will not miss
the elusive South Floirda multiplier!

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm