[TowerTalk] EF-240S experience

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EF-240S experience
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:02:14 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-15 07:37:20 EDT, n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> I have about 18 more inches available on the mast, and will be moving the
>  EF-240S up that little bit more ASAP, as well as trying the 90-degree turn
>  option.  But in the meantime, I wonder about the experience of others out
>  there, who have what they consider good-performing EF-240S installations.
>  What do you regard as typical F/B and F/S ratios?

      Did you tune each element individually? I've found that the measurements
are not always repeatable so actually tuning them like a dipole is necessary.
The resonant frequency for each is in the manual. Same thing for the 3 element
versions.

      I had a C4XL (2L on 40M) where the resonant frequency was where it was
supposed to be but was extremely narrow. Seems that the reflector was at about
the same frequency as the driven element. If the reflector is at the wrong
frequency, then negative effects to F/B, F/S, etc. will probably be seen.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC