[TowerTalk] Guy anchors for 45G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors for 45G
From: LOMAX1@prodigy.net (frank ayers jr)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:14:26 -0400
In a message dated 98-10-21 14:11:59 EDT, W4QA@charlotte.infi.net writes:

>Of course, I would like the best optimization of cost and safety for the
> guy anchors, but never having used anything but the "screw in" type (on
> a 25G) I'm not sure what to use.  Any thoughts would be much
> appreciated. >>

When I put up my larger 25G tower, I got three heavy cardboard boxes about
the size as listed in the Rohn catalog for the cement guy anchors. Lined
them with plastic and poured cement in them with a loop of rebar stuck out
the top. After they cured, I dug the holes, put a chain on the rebar loops,
lifted the whole assembly and put it in the hole. I have a backhoe but the
rental for most is probably around 50 bucks. The cement was cheap. The
anchors about 75. That's quite cheap not to have to worry about losing a
tower due to guys pulling out.

Frank
W2FCA