[TowerTalk] Best wire antenna for 75m/80m DX coverage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best wire antenna for 75m/80m DX coverage
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:52:04 +0100
At 02:15 PM 10/21/98 -0500, WE9V  Chad Kurszewski wrote:
>I'm planning on putting one of these things up in the next couple
>weeks.
>
>What's the concensus:  Use a 1:1 balun at each feedpoint or will that
>screw up the inductive loading of the 3/8 wave stub (theoretically not).

I use bead baluns at each feedpoint and it seems to work fine.  In the real
world, the dipoles are unlikely to be completely symmetrical, nor will the
feedlines come off perpendicular to anything at all, but I figured it
couldn't hurt, and it hasn't.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"