[TowerTalk] Phillystran End Caps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran End Caps
From: lburke@wt.net (Larry Burke)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:13:38 -0500

I blew away the original request, but a couple of days ago someone asked the
best way to secure end caps to Phillystran. If they are followers of the "do
as the manufacturer says" cult, Philly Tech Bulletin 105-4/98 says:

"Trim back rope end to as short a length as is convenient and install end
cap by applying silicone caulk or similar compound inside cap and pushing
cap completely onto end of rope."

I agree with Steve, though. They fit pretty tight without any stickum. The
caulk may help provide a water seal after a few years when the cap may start
to deteriorate -- dunno. All I know is my wife is complaining now about all
the cracks and leaks around the bathtub since I pulled up all the caulk
around it and used it to finish my Phillystran job ;-)

Larry WI5A