[TowerTalk] my TH7 is up!!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] my TH7 is up!!!
From: Ted.Boerkamp.boerkamp@nt.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:24:24 -0500
hi guys...just a quick note to tell everyone that last weekend I finally
got
the TH7 up on the tower(55 ft) ....with a ground crew of three other
friends, we got
the beam to the top,mast in place, rotor mounted and relay box mounted.
With an MFJ259, I tested the beam once up (you may all remember my
posting of the week before concerning expected swr readings while 3ft
off
the ground) and the numbers i got (up on the tower) were as follows:

14.000   1.1
14.100   1.1
14.200   1.2
14.300   1.6
14.350   1.7

21.000   1.6
21.100   1.4
21.200   1.2
21.300   1.1
21.400   1.2
21.450   1.5

28.000   1.5
28.250   1.5
28.500   1.2
28.750   1.2
29.000   1.1
29.250   1.1
29.500   1.1
29.700   1.3

These seem to compare somewhat to the manual and I am happy with
them....
now I have to finish off the cabling and try to get some wire antennas
up
so that I can try the "farm" out during the sweepstakes in november....
thanks again to all who replied to and answered my questions....this is
a great
reflector for information exchange and a good group of guys to boot!!
Take care everyone and best 73.........Ted VE3SS