[TowerTalk] Antenna Gain and Take-off Angle

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Gain and Take-off Angle
From: Eric M. Guzman-Colon, NP3A" <eguzman@ece.uprm.edu (Eric M. Guzman-Colon, NP3A)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:15:14 -0400
Hi.

I love this kind of analyses. I have two questions:

1. In ~1995 I downloaded YTAD and have been using
it in the past years. I learned there is a new YT (Also By
 N6BV) that comes with the ARRL Antenna Book. What is
the difference between YTAD and YT?

2. There is a new version 98.1015W for Windows of ICEPAC
(By NTIA/ITS). It comes with a new TIME analysis option very
useful for HAM radio. Is there any reason to use VOACAP instead
of ICEPAC? Which one is more reliable? I have been using
ICEPAC because is the latest prediction model.

73s Eric, NP3A