[TowerTalk] Scotchkote under tape

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Scotchkote under tape
From: ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us (Kurt Andress)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 07:44:16 -0800
Ted Leaf wrote:

> Thanks guys for all your comments.  Didn't think there was so much
> interest when I first posted.
>
> I have been sealing my connections by wrapping a layer of Scotch
> rubberized lineman's tape and then covering with Scotch 33.
>
> How would a coating of Scotchkote work under the rubberized lineman's
> tape and perhaps a coat over it before the 33?

Hi Ted,

I don't know the answer. Make a test connection to try it out. Let it sit
for a few days. Then take it apart to see if the Scotchkote bonds the
rubberized tape to the connection.
3M makes a different compound, called a primer for their rubberized pipe
wrap tape.

73, Kurt
--
YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress/