[TowerTalk] 2M and other antenna spacing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2M and other antenna spacing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:09:55 EST
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

       I want to mount some 2M antennas on a mast. I've got enough antennas
for a horizontal 2-stack and a vertical 2 stack (they are Cushcraft 13B2's
that need about 9 feet of separation). I'll actually have enough mast to have
one stack on a horizontal boom and want to mount one of the remaining antennas
on the vertical mast. Since 95% of 2M activity on FM, I thought about having
the vertically polarized antennas on the horizontal boom and a single
horizontally polarized antenna mounted directly to the mast.

1) Is this the preferred scenario? If not, what is?

2) Where can I mount the mast-mounted antenna? Between the antennas on the
horizontal boom (since they're opposite polarization they shouldn't even see
each other)? Or some sort of spacing?

      I'm not looking for the -nth degree of engineering, I just want it to
work reasonably well with a minimum of interaction and mast.

3) I've got a 4L 6M beam and a Force 12 C-4XL to mount also (C4 at bottom,
then 6M, then 2M ants). My suspicion is that this array can be stacked fairly
close together since the 6M won't see the 2M or HF antennas and vice versa. Is
there a big flaw in this reasoning? I think I can get away with 4-5 foot
spacing. I'm triying to get all of this on the least amount of mast that I
can.

      Comments invited. Tnx!

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC