[TowerTalk] Listing of SS hdwr sources and THANK YOU

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Listing of SS hdwr sources and THANK YOU
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 18:46:39 EST
Hi Folks,  Thanks for the excellent response.  Hopefully this list will help
others and I have sent it along to the customer who was looking. Tnx again,
Steve Davis, K1PEK   DAVIS RF Co. :
My (extremely) local source for the mentioned sizes of stainless
hardware is an old timey hardware store here in the hinterlands called
Citrus County, FL.   However, any boating/marine supply store, even
inland,  has scads of that stuff in all those sizes.  Your client must
be in a more remote hinterlands than me if there isn't a marine supply
store fairly nearby.  Maybe the Mojave desert?
There is a hardware store in Lowell, MA that has a basement filled with
everything you could imagine, stainless, zinc plated, galvanized, etc.  I
don't remember the name (it's been a few years, though they've been there
for 100 years).  I suppose a call to the Lowell Chamber of Commerce would
turn the name up.  They are in their original old brick building and the
hardware store name is someone's name (not a chain).  I want to say
McKittricks, but that could be totally wrong.
They are located real near to the Lowell Connector off-ramp off 495.

Try McMaster-Carr Supply
www.mcmaster.com
Small Parts Inc.
13980 N.W. 58th Court
P.O. Box 4650
Miami Lakes, FL 33014-0650
800-220-4242

They have a great catalog and carry stainless, brass. nylon, etc.
hardware.  Also they carry lots of different insulating materials that
can be used in various antenna projects.  Found replacement ball
bearings for my antenna indicator selsyn here.

Hi Steve -- when you say "consumer source" I assume you mean retail, small
quantity.  Down here in the sunny (?) south, Lowe's and Home Depot both
have hardware sections with fairly extensive selections of stainless.
Dunno if they have those particular sizes, though.
you don't mention quantities, but for quantities of "a few" of each
size, i strongly recommend a marine supply (i.e. boating
supply) store.  they usually have a pretty complete selection of
hardware in these sizes.
My favorite source is West Marine - a retail and mail order marine supply
shop.  They carry a full line of marine grade stainless hardware.  They do
have a web site - try Infoseek.
Rusty Bolt Screw Co.
P. O. Box 708
North Attleboro  MA  02761
debiasio@ici.net

     According to their catalog, all of the steel is type 18-8.  There is
no minmum order or minimum quanity.  Shipping is $2.50 regardless of the
size of the order.  A typical price would be:  6-32 pan head, one inch
long, .06 each.  They seem to support the boating industry.  That is how I
found them on the Internet.  They do not have a Web site so you have to ask
for their catalog.
Barnhill Bolt and Fastner Warehouse. Have a complete selection, take orders
via phone or internet, allow credit card use .. and they ship .. fast!
http://www.fastenerwarehouse.com/
Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware (among other hardware stores) carry a
rather large selection of stainless, brass, steel and nylon hardware in
those nifty little pull-out divided drawers.
Need larger quantities or larger sizes, try McMaster Carr or W.W.
Grainger.
Need really small stuff ... try Small Parts (http://www.smallparts.com).
They also have gears and other really nifty stuff ... although generally
on the small side.
I used "All Stainless Corp." in the Hingham, MA area. If you need more
info, I can get it for you.

On the east coast of NJ, try Screws Unlimited  1-732-892-8400.