[TowerTalk] Re: Thanks - Coax Baluns - URL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Thanks - Coax Baluns - URL
From: weightdn@bright.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:42:12 -0500
Here is the URL I referenced in my thank you note:

http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/technote/airbalun.html

It turns out the info there is the same as that posted to the reflector by
Henry Gillow-Wiles on 11/9 and titled 'Coiled Coax Baluns'. The actual
article is by Ed Gilbert /WA2SRQ. Sorry for the confusion but had not been
to the web site yet when I sent my thanks.

Received several mentions of the above URL and a couple text files of the
same info so won't bother repeating that here. Received one reply from a
gentleman who preferred the windings be bunched together but Ed's article
would seem to refute that.

The long and the short of it is, 6 turns of 213 on a form made of 4" PVC
sewer pipe for 14 to 35 mHz and 12 turns on the same form for 30 and 40
meters, wound flat.

Good luck & 73 de
Mike / W8DN