[TowerTalk] True north and recurring threads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] True north and recurring threads
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:39:41 EST
In a message dated 98-11-11 07:38:33 EST, kn6di@groupone.net writes:

> I thought this subject was TABOO on this reflector, as it was beaten to
>  death several months ago. If I remember Steve said NO MORE T--- N----.

    That was a "year" ago or more. Well, it was the historic first "Thread
That Wouldn't Die". Kind of humorous when you look back on it. Nonetheless,
there are lots of new TowerTalkians who want to know the answer(s) to this
question as well as others. There's always a new group subscribing and that's
why you see a lot of the same question(s) being asked. If you don't know the
answer - it's news to you. Other popular recurring topics:

Where do I send my Alliance/Hy-Gain/etc. rotator for repair?
What kind of mast should I use?
Should I put anti-oxidant on my elements?
What kind of antenna should I buy?
My antenna quit working/has high SWR/etc., what's wrong with it?
Where I can get a manual for my Mosley/Hy-Gain/etc.?

     Any other favorites out there?

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC