[TowerTalk] 40m Sloper system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m Sloper system
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:17:54 +0000
Hello Terry,

I think that you must have what we call a "Lazy Vee" array out here in cattle
country.  I put one of these up about 5 years ago.  It was my first directive
array for 40 meters and it worked great.  I later made one for 75 and another
for 160.  They were all good performers.  My friend Bob, W7LR, wrote it up for
an article that appeared in February 1994 QST Technical Correspondence I
believe.

As I recall Terry, I went around the pole and tuned each antenna independently
by plugging the cable into an antenna analyzer and tuning to the middle of my
operating band.  You may have to go around all the dipoles a couple times until
it converges.  I left the unused antennas connected just as they would be in
real operation through the switch box.

73/Mike, N7ML