[TowerTalk] Ground clamps on 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground clamps on 25G
From: w3svj@juno.com (N. S. FIRESTONE)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:20:18 -0500
Hello Bob et al;
In the electrical contracting business we always use the bronze "acorn"
connector to a (actually 2) galvanized ground rods. This is UL approved
and there must be millions of these installations around the country that
have been in the ground  for years. I have never seen that part of the
installation fail from corrosion. Correct installation requires the full
eight foot ground rod to be in the ground which means the connector is
underground for its whole life! Lawn mowers and shovels maybe, but never
corrosion.

73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]