[TowerTalk] Need Inverted L advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Inverted L advice
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:12:19 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Neader KA9FOX <neader@QTH.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 02, 1998 3:04 AM

>I've decided that an Inverted L would be the way to go (but comments on
>this decision are appreciated).

Hi Scott.

I checked out your drawing, and that is about exactly what I have here.
I've got 65' vertical up in a fir tree, and the rest horizontal.  I don't
have a cap at the base, but am thinking of adding one.  My radials are
anywhere from 10' long to 130' long.  The antenna seems to play pretty well.
I don't have an amp for 160 yet, but I seem to work just about everyone I
call after a while.  Go for the "L", it's a good antenna.  73
Tom W7WHY