[TowerTalk] Rotor and Installation for A3S with 40m extension

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor and Installation for A3S with 40m extension
From: wa3afs@soli.inav.net (wa3afs@soli.inav.net)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:59:03 -0600
A partial answer to your questions --  Roof tower.

I have the Glen Martin 9 foot roof tower with a C4 on it using an old
HD-73 rotator along with a discone on top of the whole mess.  I
placed 2X8s across 3 of the roof beams (attic side) and used 3/4
inch threaded stock double bolted with lock washers (stainless
steel) on each side.  I did not go through any beams with the
threaded stock as I felt that using lag bolts would be 'hit or miss'.

This thing is solid!  Been up for a little over a year with no
problems. (And the wind does get going here once in a while!).

Good luck

Bruce, WA3AFS