[TowerTalk] A4S Cushcraft

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A4S Cushcraft
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:55:43 EST
In a message dated 98-12-08 00:37:40 EST, BBallew@aol.com writes:

> How good or bad is AS4. Want to up grade from 3 ele. tribander. Unable to
> find
>  imfo on AS 4. Money a little shot this time of year. If not AS4 then what.

     You mean the Cushcraft A4S? The real differences between different 3L
trap tribanders of similar boomlength is so small that IMO you're not making
any gains, just swapping one antenna for the other.

     The experience in our tribander test was that the Force 12 C-3 performed
in some cases as well as bigger antennas. It's got no traps and has been
computer optimized - neither of which are true for trapped tribanders. You can
read the whole story in our test report available from www.championradio.com
or 888-833-3104. It's got 60 pages of data sets, protocol and results and
costs $15. Pretty interesting reading if I do say so myself.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products