[TowerTalk] Need Comments on F12- 6M, 10M and 40M ants & a Boomer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Comments on F12- 6M, 10M and 40M ants & a Boomer
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:14:09 -0600
Mike,

First off, your sq ft rating seem awfully LOW to me.  My 2L40 is around
6.5 sq ft so I really have to wonder about your numbers for a 3L40.

Also, why would you put a 3L40 at only 56 ft?   Most of your radiation
will be above 20 degrees, and the pattern of a 3L will cut into the
higher
angles.  I would recommend either going higher (80' to 100' works GREAT
on 40M) or go with a 2L40 instead.

A 50 MPH rating is worthless.   The wind pressure goes up as the SQUARE
of the windspeed so at  70 MPH, you DOUBLE your windload, and 70 MPH
is kind of a MINIMUM value I would design for.  My towers / antennas
survived
a 90 MPH mini-tornado that took dozens of big and old trees out in my
woods.

de  Tom  N4KG

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]