[TowerTalk] Reinforcing Bars in Concrete Anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reinforcing Bars in Concrete Anchors
From: N4CW@aol.com (N4CW@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:04:33 EST
Using the Rohn "Standard Concrete Anchors" (C620643) page of the Rohn catalog
as a guide, I have a hard time understanding the "Anchor Detail for GAC 30"
drawing. The illustration states, "REINFORCING BARS EACH WAY BOTH FACES". The
drawing is only two-dimensional and I'm uncertain about the quantity and
layout of the rebar. From the drawing, I'd say with a 3' X 3' X 1.5' block
(4a) that there would be four L-shaped rods placed on the top of the block
with the short end of the L pointing down at the "front" of the block. No
reference is made to cross members.
I've assisted in pouring several installations of guy anchors and have never
seen rebar used in this fashion. I do want to follow Rohn's recommendations.
Experienced advice is welcome.
73, Bert N4CW (Raleigh, NC)