[TowerTalk] Help - TIC Ring pot replacement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help - TIC Ring pot replacement
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 17:52:23 -0000
Hi all - Happy holidays.
I thought I'd take advantage of a sunny, not so cold day to replace
the intermittent direction pot in my TIC Ringrotor. As with everything
else related to this device, it wasn't easy, and I'm stuck...

My motor unit is the one that is a solid ~1/8 inch galv. steel rectangle,
not the thin black sheet metal one I've seen at other installations.
Problem is - I can't get the damn thing apart. It appears that after
removing the 3 - 10mm bolts holding the "C" shaped piece around the
external gear assembly, it should slide out. I also removed the screw
that holds the smaller gear in place, but that didn't free the gear. One
of the 3 bolts is under the larg external gear, but there's not enough
clearance to get the bolt out.

If anyone can provide step by step disassembly instructions or any
other tips, I'd appreciate it. Guess I'll have to save it for another nice
day...
Tnx/Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com