[TowerTalk] Hazer and good platform grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hazer and good platform grounding
From: jhenders@swlink.net (Jim Henderson)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:41:54
        I am trying to help a local OM with a 50' amuminum Glem Martin tower and
hazer platform. This platform rides to 3 corners of the tower on what looks
like black Delrin and thus does not come anywhere to a good DC or RF ground.

        We were trying to mount  some 1/4 slopers on the platform, but due to
the
Delrin bearing surfaces, there is no good path to the tower itself. He
cannot and will not take the tower down to allow work on the top, and won't
let it be climbed. Thus we are trying to figure out a good way of keeping
the platform well grounded to the tower yet allow it to move up and down
without binding.

        I thought of making metal rollers to replace the Delrin.

         I am looking for any other ideas that any reflectee may have
successfully
used to improve grounding so that the platform may be used as the feedpoint
for a conventional coax-fed 1/4 sloper?

Jim, KF7E
(now in Phoenix)
Jim Henderson