[TowerTalk] One Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] One Tower
From: jveras@wwisp.com (Joe Veras)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:07:54 -0600
I've got 70 feet of guyed tower going up here in a couple of weeks, and
would like to put most of what I will be using for antennas on, or attached
to, that one structure.  Looking for advice on the feasiblity/advisability
of the following:

C-3

Beneath that a homebrew rotatable dipole (resonant at 40) fed with
ladderline for use on the WARC bands

80 meter dipole using the, tower as a center support,  lower down the tower
for use as a high angle radiator

Above the C-3,  2 mtr and 440 CW/SSB antennas

Another 80 mtr antenna, which could be someplace else beside on the tower
for a low-angle antenna.

My goals are modest.  I am interested in decent performance and convenience.

Thanks-

Joe, N4QB