[TowerTalk] Connector and switch losses

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connector and switch losses
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 00:44:46 -0500
>With connectors and relays in line, you will have impedance bumps that
>upset the return loss readings. That can make the cable look lossier even
>though it is NOT.
>
>Such errors show up as a periodic variance in loss as frequency is changed.
>That sounds exactly like what you have.

Thanks, Tom. That sounds like what's happening. The coax length will change
by a few feet when I get done with my station changes, so perhaps that will
shift the bumps enough to confirm the theory.

>Don't you unhook the feedline from the antenna to measure loss? BC

Yes. I had thought that strong interfence might be getting into the unit via
the AC cord. Probably not.

73, Dick, WC1M