[TowerTalk] C-31XR and XM-240?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-31XR and XM-240?
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:14:27 -0500
Greetings:

My plans call for a three-stack of Force 12 C31-XR's and a two-stack
of Cushcraft XM-240's.  The C31 at the top of the tower will have
about a 16 foot separation from the XM-240 above it.

Recently, someone related to me a story regarding exactly these
two antennas, with the same separation, and told me that the 40
blew away the 15 meter resonance on the C-31.  The situation was
only resolved my turning the 40 90 degrees from the tribander.
I have no desire to erect a *known* bad combination of antennas
but would like more information if anyone can provide it.

Are any of you running the C31 with a shortened 40?  If so, how
does it work, and did you have to spin the antennas 90 degrees
to make it work?

73,

J.P. W2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net
         w2xx@arrl.org

I am Pentium of Borg...Precision is futile...You will be approximated!