[TowerTalk] TWO VERTICALS One Fed 90degrees Behind The Other

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TWO VERTICALS One Fed 90degrees Behind The Other
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:25:17 -0800

Dave Jordan wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently installed two Butternut HF6V vertical antennas.  I spaced
> them at a quarter wavelength for my favorite spot on 40meter >7.277Mhz).

Hi Dave.

I have 3 phased verticals on 40, and I tuned them all separately,
one at a time.  I resonated them at 7.050, and they work across
the entire band.  When you adjust one antenna, you have to ground
the other one or you will get some different readings as the two
antennas will couple together and interact with one another.
Usually what I do is lower the two that I'm not adjusting.  They
work like gang busters on 40.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY