[TowerTalk] Comments On Yagi Height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comments On Yagi Height
From: ve3bbh@interlog.com (Paul Hicks, VE3BBH / VE3ZT)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:21:35 -0500
Hi Kevin,

That's always an interesting subject. I'll be interested in seeing the
posts. My own non-technical, subjective view is that at lower heights, and
I believe that 56 feet for a 40-meter antenna is low, any additional
increase in height will have a greater difference. In other words, 8-16
feet at 56 feet would make a greater difference that at 150 feet. Some of
the fellows who do antenna modelling would be able to give you (us) a much
better idea.

My 40 meter antenna (Alpha Delta 160-80-40 inverted vee) is only at 45
feet. It's quite useless for dx on 160 and 80 meters. It's barely passable
on 40 at this height. I'll be replacing it this Summer with full-size
dipoles/vees/loops.

CU in the contests.

73, Paul.