[TowerTalk] Problems with YAESU Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problems with YAESU Rotor
From: dlhough@vegas.infi.net (dlhough@vegas.infi.net)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 08:36:56 -0800
    I've had my Yaeseu 800 up for 9 months and have a Cushcraft X7 in it.
The X7 is a big heavy antenna. With mast we are looking at 9 sq. ft. and 75
lbs. In Las Vegas we frequently get sustained winds out of the southwest at
40-45 mph. Haven't had trouble with the rotor itself (yet) but your message
makes me nervous.
    We have had a problem with the control unit sticking when the dial gets
to the end. Find it necessary to remove the cover and use my finger to turn
the motor shaft by hand to unstick it.
    This has been the only problem with it.
    Thanks for the info. I would certainly like to hear from others on this
subject.

73,
Dave Hough, KC7DM
Las Vegas