[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A50-3

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A50-3
From: abowen@nettally.com (Bowen, Arlan)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:05:49 -0500
I would like to talk with someone who has an instruction book for the
Cushcraft A50-3, 6M beam.

I bought the antenna in new condition at the Orlando Hamfest flea market. I
plan to donate it to an offshore radio club. When I got it home, I
discovered that the driven element was missing. The U bolt for the element
was attached to the boom.

I can construct the element from tubing on hand, but I would particularly
like to know what the center insulator scheme is and also what
matching/balun system was used. I believe the design was similar to one that
appeared in the ARRL Antenna Book.

I am also requesting a book from Cushcraft, but figure this route might be
quicker.

The seller is graciously refunding half the purchase price.

Direct replies please.

INK N4OO    abowen@nettally.com