[TowerTalk] 40 and 15 beams on same mast?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 and 15 beams on same mast?
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:34:57 -0800 (PST)
Apparently a tribander & 40M beam combination works fine (I have a TH6
& 40-2CD here).  The 15M & 40M monobanders are another story!  Some
years ago we tried installing a 155BA above a 3 element 40 with full
size elements at W3GM.  The 155BA had a severe degradation in gain &
pattern from it's stand alone conditions.  We then tried a Cushcraft 4
el 15 above the 40.  Same problems, the 15 was severely degraded.  In
both cases the 40 appeared unaffected.  Both 15M antennas showed
marked changes in VSWR indicating a high a mount of coupling to the
other antenna.  Never tried this type of stack with a 40 with
shortened elements. FYI

73, Stew  K3ND...