[TowerTalk] GME Roof Towers`

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GME Roof Towers`
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:38:18 -0600
I am responding to the the thread of "25g Roof Tower"   K7LXC responded
below.  I have seen the GME roof towers at Dayton and was quite impressed
with them.  I would like to hear more from someone who owns one of these
things as to how it is holding up.  Do you climb it to put on the beams?
What are the "ins and outs" of the roof towers?

Years ago, when I was a teenager (OK, several decades), I had an old
windcharger tower from the 30's holding up a TH3.  IT did quite well.  Of
course, it was securely attached to my Dad's garage at the time.  We had it
guyed with "bailing-wire" (Hey, I was a teenage and a ham for just four
years out in Kansas and knew nothing) to hooks in the roof.  It never came
down in a wind and it was easy to service the antenna.

I am wondering what other people are doing in roof mount HF antennas.

Lee Buller