[TowerTalk] Sanilite

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sanilite
From: Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:45:51 -0500
Anyone out there familiar with the plastic Sanilite...

Local flea market had a guy with a bunch of this stuff...cheap.

I am wondering about its usage in two areas....

1)    As an RF insulator

2)    As a bearing surface

The drop pieces f this product (I SUSPECT BASED ON THE NAME) were a being
offered up as kitchen cutting boards, I was able to get a piece that was
about a half inch thick...it looks like something a ham could adapt...my
search of the web revealed nil as far as properties of this white plastic.

Any chemists/plastics guys out there up on this stuff?

UV resistance? Durability? RF Insulator?

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

"Consider the fact that you can buy an entire washing machine for less than
the price of the heaviest antenna rotators." W6NL

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm