[TowerTalk] 22VAC to 2 110VAC circuits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 22VAC to 2 110VAC circuits
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony Kazmakites)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:17:19 -0500
Typically the heater circuits are wired with #12-2 w/ground romex cable with
a 20A  2 pole breaker. To change the circuit to a 110V circuit, I have done
the following
- remove the bar connecting the 2 poles together on the breaker to make 2
single pole breakers. If this can't be done, then replace the breaker with a
single pole breaker. You will be using  the black wire to the breaker as
your "hot" lead. The white wire goes to the neutral lug in the breaker box.
If  this is a sub-main, make sure the white wire goes to the neutral lugs
and not the ground lugs. The ground wire should remain on the ground lugs.
- At the other end, you could put in one or 2 duplex receptacles and wire
them as normal with the black wire to the brass colored terminals, the white
wire to the silver colored terminals and the ground wire to the lug. Don't
forget that if you are using metal boxes to connect the ground wire to the
box.
- Do not use your ground wire as a neutral line so that you can have 2-110v
circuits!

Tony